Wednesday 3 March 2010

one song that describes me.

If i had to pick one song that describes me, it would have to be this little gem!

The Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism


you can tell
from the scars on my arms
and the cracks in my hips
and the dents in my car
and the blisters on my lips
that I'm not the carefullest of girls

you can tell
from the glass on the floor
and the strings that are breaking
and i keep on breaking more
and it looks like i am shaking
but it's just the temperature
then again
if it were any colder i could disengage
if i were any older i would act my age
but i don't think that you'd believe me
it's not the way I'm meant to be
it's just the way the operation made me

and you can tell
from the state of my room
that they let me out too soon
and the pills that i ate
came a couple years too late
and I've got some issues to work through
there i go again
pretending to be you
make-believing
that i have a soul beneath the surface
trying to convince you
it was accidentally on purpose

...i couldnt be bothered posting all the lyrics lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment